COMPATIBLE WITH MAGENTO® CE 2.0.X - 2.1.1
This extension allows you to rewrite products and categories page titles, which greatly improves SEO results. By rewriting only the H1 tags you don’t have to worry about awkwardly long titles for your products or categories.
Change H1 Title on product pages
In order to use this extension go to your catalog, open detail view for products and you will find a new field named ‘Product Name Rewrite’ just under product name. You can use a rich long SEO friendly name for your product that will be indexed by search engines and a Rewrite Name that will be visible only in your store. This way your product names will be SEO friendly but in your store you will be able to use a shorter commercial name under ‘Product Name Rewrite’. Example: Product name (seo friendly) : ‘SEO Page Title Overwrite Extension for Magento 2 | Improve your SEO score on Magento 2 | WeltPixel Agency’ and Product Name Rewrite (displayed in your store): ‘ Page Title Overwrite ’.
Change H1 Title on category pages
The same for categories, open category details and you will find a new field named ‘Category Name Rewrite’ just under the category name. You can use a rich long SEO friendly category name that will be indexed by search engines and rewrite the name you want visible in your store. Example: Category name (seo friendly): 'Woman Clothes Winter Collection 2016, Hand Tailored in the USA' and Category Name Rewrite (displayed in your store): 'Woman'.
HOW TO INSTALL EXTENSION
1. Before installing SEO Page Title Overwrite Extension on a Magento 2 store please check the extension compatibility. This extension is currently compatible with the following Magento versions: 2.0.x - 2.1.1 It is recommended to install the extension first on a testing server before you install it on a live (production) server.
2. Copy the extension files to below paths of your magento 2 instance. If ‘app/code/WeltPixel’ folder is missing, please create it manually:
3. Access the root of your magento 2 project from command line and run the following commands:
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_Backend --clear-static-content
php bin/magento module:enable WeltPixel_TitleRewrite --clear-static-content
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
4. Flush any cache that you might still have enabled on your server or in Magento.
5. Woohoo, the extension is installed!