Proper Planning Produces Positive Dating Results
Prior to entering into any relationship with a person, it is of paramount importance to get to know him/her first. Finding a soul mate online does not happen in a flash, it takes time and effort to establish a lasting connection. This is doubly important for a cross cultural relationship where compatibility plays a significant factor in the relationship’s lasting success.
This is where the importance of dating comes in. When going out on a date with a prospective future “true love”, one gets the opportunity to understand a person’s likes/dislikes, their hobbies & interests, their profession/career aspirations, their dreams/passions and maybe even their weaknesses. Obstacles to having a successful relationship can be identified early, and one can confidently make an informed decision before ultimately taking the plunge. This can potentially spare a person from much heartbreak and mental anguish down the line, had they jumped in with both feet without looking ahead first.
In this article, we shall discuss five practical ways to plan and prepare for that perfect date. Armed with this knowledge, the first step to finding a soul mate should be a snap.
1. Dress your best, but dress comfortably. People are visual creatures by nature. This is the reason why looking your best when going out on a date is one of the fundamentals, as this visual cue sets the tone and mood of the date right from the start. Be careful when selecting clothes though: dress too fancy, and you might feel uncomfortable in your own skin, which might lead to further mishaps such as weird gestures or unnecessary movements. It’s best to pick garments wherein you are comfortable but presentable, then just groom yourself a bit and practice healthy hygiene.
2. Choose a venue that’s safe and conductive to conversation. When going out on a first date with someone you aren’t well-acquainted with yet, the best place to go to would be somewhere quiet but public. Ideal places include cafes, ice cream parlors and parks. Find a place where you can sit and talk, as your goal is to share stories and get to know each other better.
3. Be mindful of not only your own budget, but your date’s as well. When planning a date venue or activity, some people choose place that’s a bit on the expensive side, hoping that a high-end place would impress their date. This may sometimes backfire not only on your wallet, but also on your date if he/she wants to pay for their share. Selecting a place that’s affordable but has a good crowd reflects not only your good taste, but also your consideration for your date. Also, when it comes to paying the bill, keep in mind this simple rule of dating etiquette: men should always be the first to offer to pay, and ladies should try to convince their date to allow them to pay half the bill but honor if men insists to offer.
4. Remember that communication involves both speaking and listening. Keep in mind that the purpose of a date is to get to know each other better, in the hopes of finding a soul mate. While it is important to open up and express yourself, always leave room for your partner to have the opportunity to do the same. This is helpful in discovering common interests, shared dreams and compatible personality traits. When preparing for your date, be ready not only with your exciting stories, but also with your open ears and full attention.
5. Be yourself. This cannot be emphasized enough. Most people, in their desire to impress their date, would attempt to prepare a persona based on what they think their date looks for in a partner. Not only would this end up becoming the foundation of a relationship based on false pretenses, it would also end up becoming a needless hassle just to keep up the charade. For a typical relationship, being oneself is very vital to establishing trust and honesty. For a cross cultural relationship, even more so. Discovering each other’s quirks is an essential phase in finding a soul mate, and is the only way to determine if you are genuinely compatible with each other.
Hopefully with the tips discussed in this article, preparing for your date has become less intimidating and more enjoyable. Just keep these pointers in mind and everything will flow smoothly and you’ll be well on your way to finding that “one true love”.