Step by Step Guide to Write Research Methodology
If you are in your final term and you are supposed to write a thesis then you must be wondering how are you going to present your research methodology in the thesis. Here is a step by step guide for you to understand the core of research methodology.
Developing a research methodology
While writing a thesis you have to discuss your methodology which you have used in your research. This is how you have collected the data. It allows the readers to evaluate the validity and reliability of your data.
Start with your overall approach to the research. Discuss your research question and what kind of data you will need for your research. There are two types of research methods that is
- Quantitative methods: focus on gathering numerical data and generalizing the data across groups of people or may use it to explain a specific phenomenon. For example, surveys.
- Qualitative methods: focus on a naturalistic approach towards the subject matter. They describe and interpret an in-depth concept of the subject. For example interviews.
- Mixed methods allow a combination of qualitative and quantitative research methods.
You need to start by discussing your rationale and then writing down your methodology.
After introducing your research overall, you need to explain the full details of the methods that you used while conducting your research. Mention all the tools and procedures that you have used in gathering the data. You will also mention the criteria for choosing your participants. Clearly explain these points in your paper writing service. For example
In a quantitative method, you need to tell that where, when, and how the survey was conducted. How did you design the questions and in what form you designed them? (E.g. MCQs, rating scale). Then you need to explain your sampling method and how you chose your participants. Also, discuss the sample size and response rate from the participants.
In the qualitative research method, how you carried out your research. You will also discuss how many participants were there and how you found them. Moreover, you will elaborate on the structure of your questions either they are structured, semi-structured, or unstructured.
Analysis of methods
The next step is the analysis of data. Avoid too much detail. In quantitative research, your analysis will be based on numbers, and in qualitative research, you will discuss your observations and you can use images as well.
Justify your methodological choices
Here you need to justify your methods and why you choose this method. You also need to tell why other methods were not suitable for your research. Moreover, discuss in detail how your research is going to contribute more in future research. You can also suggest methodologies to future researchers if you want to write my paper.
- Focus on your objectives and research questions. Your methodology should clearly show why it suits your objectives and convince the reader that you chose the best possible approach.
- Discuss your hindrance that you encounter while conducting the research and explain how you dealt with it.
- To strengthen the methodology, you can add citations as well. It will show that you have taken the appropriate approach to address a gap in the previous and current research.
I hope you like this detailed account of writing a research methodology. If you still feel that your concepts are not clear enough to write your methodology, then try thinking of asking professional writers to do that for you. I remember, when I asked a professional writer to write my essay and he provided me with an error-free paper.